TESTWELLS LIMITED (the “Company“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions [http://www.TestWells.com/termandconditions/] and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data the Company collects from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by the Company. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.testwells.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Testwells Limited of 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, United Kingdom WC1N 3AX.
Our nominated representative for the purposes of the Act is Mr Nicolas Rossi.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in the registration form on our site www.testwells.com (the “Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give the Company may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site the Company may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and used to identify you and your shopping cart, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call the Company’s customer service number.
Uses made of the information
The Company uses information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which have already been provided to you. We will not provide third parties with your details for marketing purposes.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions [http://www.TestWells.com/termandconditions/] and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology, and the Site uses an FTP server which allows for confidential and SSL-encrypted transfer of information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the Company will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for our marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX or at [email protected]
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to contribute towards our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.