Well Testing and Pressure Transient Analysis Topics
Well Testing and pressure transient analysis is used from oil and gas exploration to production.
Quicklook review of design or analysis
Simply send us your presentation or report via the Secure File Transfer. We will send you our comments, explain what could be missing, improved or better explained, and what other solutions are possible. Get the most out of your data !
Join the Well Testing Group
Place where members can learn, share case studies & best practices and challenge each other.
Receive information on well test design and analysis and join-in to audio teleconference sessions.
Get access to more resources, ideas and help with our library.
Why testing wells ?
- Confirmation of discovery and productivity
- Clean-up and rate measurement
- Large volume fluid sample
- Well and reservoir performance
- (skin, KH, Pi, heterogeneity, boundaries)
- Reservoir connectivity & proven volume
- Flow behaviour around wellbore
- Large scale of investigation (100-1000s ft)
Well testing in exploration and appraisal could point out to reservoir compartmentalization problem. Knowing this type of problem would prevent a field development train-wreck and huge financial losses.
- Use of opportunistic shut-ins
- Track permeability, skin, reservoir pressure
- Monitor performance over time
- Understand performance deviation
- Assess well intervention
- Quality control rate measurement
No other alternative to:
- obtain large fluid sample
- evaluate permeability over large distances (~100s-1000s feet),
- assess well damage (skin)
- investigate connectivity over large volume
Why using our services?
Extensive experience from Exploration to Production, in all types of wells and reservoirs worldwide, in particular North Sea (UK and Norwegian sectors), GoM, Brasil, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Angola, Canada, Egypt, Oman, Jordan, Indonesia, etc…
We have expertise in deconvolution.
Deconvolution is a great asset for your team. It helps to improve the understanding of the pressure data, refine initial pressure and add reservoir insights. While deconvolution is not new, it is often misused in the industry.
We are also dedicated to coaching you with deconvolution.
We care and are dedicated to you!
We can act as your team well test expert, provide a 2nd review or simply reduce your expert’s workload.
We can review data from your shut-in or active wells with or without downhole gauges.
With costly and rare shut-in pressure data, don’t compromise on its interpretation.
We guarantee to provide more value out of your data. Let’s try a quick review of your existing design or interpretation and we’ll send you our comments.
You already have a design or interpretation study but are not entirely satisfied or simply want to check if more value can be obtained at minimum cost?
Get a second review from us.
We support geologists, petrophysicists, engineers from national companies, independents, majors and more “generalist” service companies.